Your patio is probably the first thing visitors see when they call on you. A shabby patio could create negative impressions of you and your home. A patio should have proper flooring, and simple and neat furniture; it must look comfortable and welcoming. You can also choose to keep pots and plants out on your patio to add to the aesthetics.
If you enjoy fresh air, you can place a rocking chair or a swing on your patio where you can comfortably sit in the evenings. If you think your concrete floor coating on your patio looks unattractive, you can simply apply a coating of concrete over the surface to revamp your patio and make it look more attractive.
Advantages of concrete patio flooring:
1. Concrete looks quite similar to stone flooring, and thus appears just as elegant as a stone floor.
2. Concrete is also long lasting and durable. When installed correctly, a concrete floor remains in near perfect condition for a very long time and requires less maintenance and fewer touch-ups. There are no messy tear-outs, either, when the concrete coating is applied properly.
3. Concrete coating for your patio is also a more cost-effective option compared to having real stone tiling installed. Moreover, the installation process is also much easier.
4. Unlike stone flooring options, you can choose to engrave designs in your concrete flooring on your patio. Once the coating is applied, you can choose to stamp, stain or even engrave patterns into the concrete to make it appear like bricks or slate.
5. Concrete patios are also easy to repair when they are damaged. You need not remove the existing layer of concrete, but can simply resurface your patio with a new coating of concrete over it.
If you are in the mood for a DIY (do-it-yourself) project, you can easily make a project out of installing or resurfacing your patio. But just to be sure you get the patio you really want, there are many professional contractors who have expert crew to do the installation easily and quickly.